Wednesday's ETF Winners & Losers
Overseas-related exchange-traded funds were among the best performers Wednesday, as foreign markets surged overnight.
Last time out, Hong Kong's Hang Seng Index jumped 2.8%, China's CSI 300 Index added 1.6% and South Korea's Kospi Index rose 1.3%.
The iShares FTSE/Xinhua China 25 Index (FXI) was higher by $6.98, or 5.4%, to $135.98. The SPDR S&P China (GXC) was adding $3.68, or 5.5%, to $70.55. The iShares MSCI South Korea Index (EWY) gained $2.28, or 3.9%, to $60.46. The SPDR S&P Emerging Markets (GMM) was up $2.20, or 3.6%, to $63.96.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV