Tuesday's ETF Winners & Losers
Exchange-traded funds tracking the financial and real estate sectors continued their seesaw Tuesday, trading up on news that some key players were better positioning themselves in the ongoing liquidity crisis.
In the financial space, Countrywide Financial (CFC) was on the rise, after the Wall Street Journal reported that superinvestor Warren Buffett could be interested in buying parts of it. Capital One (COF) was also making gains, despite shutting down its GreenPoint Mortgage unit and eliminating 1,900 jobs. Investors cheered the move away from the mortgage space.
The WisdomTree International Financial (DRF) was gaining 87 cents, or 3.3%, to $26.98. The PowerShares FTSE RAFI Financials (PRFF) was rising 71 cents, or 1.4%, to $50.07. The PowerShares Dynamic Banking (PJB) was advancing 31 cents, or 1.4%, to $22.80.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV