Tuesday's ETF Winners & Losers
Exchange-traded funds tracking the financial and real estate sectors continued their seesaw Tuesday, trading up on news that some key players were better positioning themselves in the ongoing liquidity crisis.
In the financial space, Countrywide Financial (CFC) was on the rise, after the Wall Street Journal reported that superinvestor Warren Buffett could be interested in buying parts of it. Capital One (COF) was also making gains, despite shutting down its GreenPoint Mortgage unit and eliminating 1,900 jobs. Investors cheered the move away from the mortgage space.
The WisdomTree International Financial (DRF) was gaining 87 cents, or 3.3%, to $26.98. The PowerShares FTSE RAFI Financials (PRFF) was rising 71 cents, or 1.4%, to $50.07. The PowerShares Dynamic Banking (PJB) was advancing 31 cents, or 1.4%, to $22.80.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV