Tuesday's Small-Cap Winners & Losers
Updated from 2:44 p.m. EDT
ValueRich (IVA) rose 18.1% to $1.70 after the company, an operator of online and offline media-based properties, posted its latest financial results.
Total revenue for the six months ended June 30 increased almost 67% to $891,617. ValueRich, based in West Palm Beach, Fla., lost $422,483 for the half-year, down from $583,681 for the same period a year earlier.
Agilysys (AGYS), a provider of IT services, was jumping after the company set plans to buy back shares and reaffirmed its outlook.The Boca Raton, Fla., company has initiated a "Dutch Auction" tender offer for up to 6 million shares, saying it will pay between $16.25 and $18.50 a share. In addition, the board authorized the repurchase of up to an additional 2 million shares in the open market. For fiscal 2008, Agilysys is still forecasting sales of $800 million to $820 million and earnings of 40 cents to 50 cents a share. The stock was up 13.1% to $17.68. Metalline Mining (MMG) rose 9.4% to $2.67 after the company provided an update on its feasibility study and other activities at the Sierra Mojada project located in the state of Coahuila, Mexico. The Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, mining company said progress on the oxide zinc project's feasibility study is staying close to the original schedule. The results to date revealed no surprises.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV