Fickle Market Ends Mixed
Saks (SKS) beat by a penny, and Staples (SPLS) was in line. American Eagle (AEO) topped the consensus but issued downside guidance, while Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS) surpassed analysts' targets and guided higher.
Crude oil was lower as Hurricane Dean made landfall in Mexico, sparing major oil operations in the Gulf of Mexico. The September benchmark crude contract shed $1.65 to $69.47 a barrel. Natural gas was soft again, losing 22 cents to $5.82 per million British thermal units.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV