Monday's Small-Cap Winners & Losers
DXP Enterprises (DXPE) edged higher after the company set plans to buy Nebraska's Precision Industries for $106 million.
DXP provides a variety of pumping, supply, maintenance and repair services. The stock was gaining 0.9% to $35.55.
Gastar Exploration (GST) named Jeffrey C. Pettit as vice president and chief operating officer.
Pettit, 50, was most recently at Dominion (D). Shares of the exploration-and-production company were down 1.7% at $1.74.Hastings Entertainment (HAST), a seller of movies, books, video games and music, saw its shares rise after the company posted second-quarter earnings of $1.9 million, or 17 cents a share, compared with $200,000, or 2 cents a share, a year earlier. Total revenue increased 2.3% to $125.9 million. Hastings also boosted its full-year profit forecast. Shares were up 9.8% at $6.81. PacificNet (PACT), a provider of gaming technology, e-commerce and customer relationship management services in China, was higher following the release its results for the second quarter. Net revenue fell to $9.02 million from $13.21 million last year. Earnings declined to 2 cents a share from 7 cents. Still, shares of PacificNet were up 0.2% at $4.50.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV