TheStreet.com TV Recap: Fed Move Changed Friday Landscape
Jim Cramer said that in the first couple of hours of trading on Friday, people who owned stocks and didn't count on a rate cut sold those stocks.
That lasted until about 1 p.m. EDT, when the last of the brokers called their clients and said they had to put up some money for stocks like
(SHLD), which Cramer owns for
Taking the NYSE Euronext (NYX), which he also owns for his charitable trust, as an example, Cramer said people who owned its August $70 call pretty much figured they'd be wiped out. However, in the last 45 minutes "the stock exploded upward," he said.
"I think if you owned that call, you would come in this morning and you would own common stock because you would exercise it," Cramer said. "You may not have sold common against it, perhaps because the whole ramp was too quick for you."So you come in and figure 'OK, I will take an early-morning look at how the NYSE stock is doing. If it opens up, I will sell it, if it opens flat I'll sell it no matter what, because I have to put up a lot of capital.'"
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV