Top 10 Rocket Stocks for This Week
This Week's Potential Rocket Stocks
First up is EMC (EMC), a software name that has appeared on the Rocket Stocks list in the past. It makes this week's list because one of its subsidiaries, VMware, is set to debut this week on the NYSE. The Aug. 14 IPO is going to big -- really big.
In fact, I recorded a video for TheStreet.com TV with Jim Cramer a couple week back in which we talked about the excitement around the VMware IPO and its technology -- Is VMware the Next Google?
EMC has been acting doggy lately, but I regard any pullback as a buying opportunity. Now this week analysts and the market are going to be forced to value VMware once it comes public.Cramer believes VMware could go public at $60 a share, giving it a $2 billion market cap. If that's the case, then the 90% of VMware that EMC will continue to own would be worth some $18 billion. Back that figure out of EMC's entire $37 billion market cap and EMC looks insanely cheap at $19 billion (without VMware). The growth figures on VMware are outstanding. Also, VMware cuts companies' technology-related energy bills by 40%. The Senate's recent passing of a pro-renewable energy bill could be a big benefit to VMware. Adding to the bullish case, EMC reported great earnings a few weeks back, but the market only sold it off.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV