Top 10 Rocket Stocks for This Week
I plan to start something new with this column, by offering quick-take grades on my own picks from the prior week based on how the stock performed compared to my expectations.
First is Cisco (CSCO). This earnings play reported monster results, just as predicted. Readers could have made a quick 6% in this name. Longer term, this is still a great stock and the CEO made very bullish comments in the conference call. It should be bought on any pullback.
I also recommend Ralph Lauren (RL), which reported horrible earnings and gapped down 12%.
Grade: C I also recommended Akami (AKAM) as a pure snapback play as well; due to oversold conditions plus heavy insider buying at much higher prices. Investors could have made a nice 5%.
Grade: B Dynegy (DYN) reported good earnings, but investors still hammered the stock; it was an earnings play but the stock is down 3% since I recommended it.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV