Thursday's ETF Winners & Losers
Bundled securities tracking overseas markets suffered some of the steepest declines of Thursday's session, after French bank BNP Paribas said it has suspended three of its funds that have exposure to U.S. credit markets due to the inability to accurately value the hedge funds.
Worries about the possible spread of subprime problems were punishing European bourses. Paris' CAC 40 was losing 2.1%, Germany's Xetra Dax was down 1.8%, and London's FTSE 100 was falling 1.7%.
The iShares MSCI Belgium Index (EWK) was lower by 96 cents, or 3.7%, to $25.63. The iShares MSCI Netherlands Index (EWN) was falling 99 cents, or 3.2%, to $29.64. The Vanguard Emerging Markets Stock (VWO) ETF was losing $3.33, or 3.5%, to $92.07.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV