Being Disorganized Is Costing You Money
13. Tax deductions: There are quite a few tax deductions that you may qualify for but can't take unless you kept the proper records. Did you keep track of the miles you drove in relation to charitable work your performed? Did you keep a list of all the items you donated? These things and more may be deductible if you keep the proper records. With the Internal Revenue Service now requiring proof of donations valued at under $250 to charities beginning this year, this becomes even more critical.
14. Time: Your time has value. All those little things being disorganized force you to do add up over the course of a day. How long did it take for you to find your keys? How about your glasses? While it may have been only a few minutes here and there, it adds up to a lot of time lost over the course of a day, a week and a month.
15. Lost productivity: If you have ever wondered why some people seem to be able to do an amazing amount of work compared to the average person, chances are the reason is that they are highly organized. It's amazing how much productivity gets wasted each day simply due to lack of organization. When you are able to increase your productivity, this can lead to better opportunities at work or give you time to seek out other interests.
This doesn't even take into account the relief from stress that comes with knowing where things are and not having to search high and low for everything you need each day. Taking the time to get yourself better organized will not only help your finances, but also give you the opportunity to do a lot more each day.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV