Being Disorganized Is Costing You Money
9. Coupons/credits/gift cards: Using coupons, credits and gift cards can save you a lot of money, but only if you have them when you need them and use them before they expire. Throwing them into your desk to use later lets you run the risk that they will no longer be valid when you actually find them again. That's like throwing money away.
10. Convenience spending: When you're not organized, your convenience spending tends to increase. It means a stop by Starbucks on the way to work and a lunch at a local restaurant since you didn't have enough time in the morning to make your own coffee and pack your own lunch.
11. Reduced useful life of items: Many items require regular maintenance in order for them to last the number of years they were made to last. Failure to be organized and provide this maintenance will reduce their useful life or make them run less efficiently, costing you more. Failing to change filters on your car and your air conditioner, failing to empty the clothes dryer filter and failing to clean your garden tools before putting them away for the season are a few examples of how poor maintenance can reduce the life and efficiency of things.
12. Wasted food: When you are disorganized, food can sit on shelves or in the refrigerator past its expiration date and spoil. You might also throw out food when you make too much, rather than saving leftovers for the next day's lunch. Food that ends up being thrown out is money wasted.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV