Being Disorganized Is Costing You Money
5. Purchasing unneeded items: You can often have items in your house, but not know exactly where they are located. Or you may have completely forgotten that you had already purchased something, since your closet or a cabinet is cluttered. Not knowing where items are located can result in you thinking you need something you already have -- and wasting money.
6. Return trips to the store: If you go shopping without a list and try to remember what you need as you walk down the store aisles, there's a good chance that you will accidentally forget something. If the item happens to be important, you are going to have to make another trip to the store -- wasting both the cost of gas and your time.
7. Rebates: There are a lot of opportunities to save money with rebate offers, but you have to actually follow through with the entire process. That means having your receipt, the rebate form, the proof of purchase seal and anything else you are required to submit sent in by a certain date. It's not difficult to do, but it does take a bit of organization. This can mean several hundred dollars saved off your purchase of computers and other electronics if you are organized enough to follow through.
8. Emergency purchases: Much like having to go and purchase a forgotten item, an emergency purchase is when you have to purchase something that you thought you had but don't -- or can't find. This can be at an odd hour when only over-priced convenience stores are open, meaning that you'll need to pay even more for being unorganized.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV