Stockpickr Lists: Pharmion Soars on Trial Results
Editor's Note: In this feature from Stockpickr, we highlight lists of stocks that have made new highs, lows or seen other unusual activity.
Biggest % Gainers: Pharmion (PHRM) soared 58% after the company revealed positive phase III data for its Vidaza, a treatment for high-risk myelodysplastic syndromes. The drug performed well against conventional care regimens in the late-stage trial. Shares were up $14.42 at $439.06.
52-Week Highs: Shares of Pharmion also reached a 52-week high during Thursday trading.
Rising on Unusual Volume: Morningstar (MORN) increased 19.9% Thursday amid volume six times its three-month average after it reported very strong second-quarter earnings. Profits rose to $18.3 million, or 38 cents per share, from $11.2 million, or 24 cents per share, during the same quarter in 2006. The stock closed up $9.77 at $58.68.Biggest % Losers: Pozen (POZN) sunk 43% after the Food and Drug Administration said it and partner GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) need to collect more safety data on their proposed migraine drug Trexima. The North Carolina-based company lost $7.52 to $9.93. 52-Week Lows: Getty Images (GYI) fell 19% to a 52-week low after it made a forecast for third-quarter profit and sales that fell below Wall Street's expectations. The company, which creates and distributes photos and other images, was down $8.70 at $36.14. Latest Activist Situations: Ken Griffin's Citadel disclosed a 5.7% stake in Beazer Homes (BZH). This is up from the 1.2 million shares the firm held on March 31. Shares closed up 13.5% Thursday to $13.04.
Forum of the DayWhat's the best investment at age 18? 03 black gt asks.
Do You Know the Answer?Is covering long positions with puts feasible for small investors? Corgy asks.
Feeling Lucky?And finally, try picking a random portfolio suited to do-it-yourselfers with more detailed analysis at I'm Feeling Lucky.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV