New Apple iPhones Could Be on the Way
Apple (AAPL) shared some of its iPhone strategy with an analyst, giving hints that new models are in the works.
Based on a discussion with Apple iPod and iPhone product chief Greg Joswiak, RBC analyst Mike Abramsky issued a note Tuesday that attempted to draw a roadmap on where the popular iPhone is headed next.
Though Apple did not provide RBC any specific product plans, Abramsky suspects Apple will stick to its product development style by offering new models with greater memory and more features.
Abramsky sees two possible additions to the iPhone family: a cheaper $349 to $399 model possibly by Christmas, and a faster 3G phone sometime next year. iPhones on sale now sell for $499 to $599, depending on memory size.The speculation around new phones comes as
Apple shares fell $3.75 to $128.01 early Wednesday.
|Want more? Check out TheStreet.com TV video. Scott Moritz clears the air.|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV