Martha Stewart Loss Widens
Martha Stewart Living (MSO) posted a wider second-quarter loss and guided in line for the year.
The New York-based publisher lost $6.7 million, or 13 cents a share, for the quarter ended June 30, compared with a year-ago continuing operations loss of $671,000, or a penny a share. Revenue rose 7.7% from a year ago to $73.5 million.
Revenues in the second quarter of 2007 rose 16% to $47.5 million from $40.9 million, driven by ongoing growth in advertising revenue due to a greater number of ad pages at higher rates. Pages increased 12% at Martha Stewart Living and 22% at Everyday Food, while total ad revenue rose 23% in the quarter. The Clarkson Potter agreement also contributed to results for the quarter.
"We're on track to return to profitability this year and foresee a strong second half," said CEO Susan Lyne. "Advertising sales are thriving and our Martha Stewart Collection exclusively at Macy's is currently rolling into stores. To improve our long- term adjusted EBITDA performance, we are reallocating some of our investment in Publishing to Internet."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV