Tuesday's ETF Winners & Losers
The PowerShares Lux Nanotech (PXN) exchange-traded fund was the top performer of Tuesday's winning session, thanks to gains in several of its holdings.
Bundled securities tracking real estate investment trusts were also higher, thanks to a second-quarter earnings beat by Vornado Realty Trust (VNO), which was up more than 4%. Simon Property Group (SPG), ProLogis (PLD) and Kimco Realty (KIM) were adding 1.4% or more.
The Ultra Real Estate ProShares (URE) was rising $1.32, or 3.1%, to $43.35. The Vanguard REIT Index (VNQ) was higher by $1.17, or 1.8%, to $66.52. The iShares Dow Jones U.S. Real Estate (IYR) climbed 99 cents, or 1.4%, to $72.34. The SPDR Dow Jones Wilshire International Real Estate (RWX) was adding $1.39, or 2.3%, to $61.74.ETFs related to European markets were also among the best performers. Recently, London's FTSE was gaining 2.2%, and Frankfurt's DAX climbed 1.6%. The PowerShares Dynamic Europe (PEH) climbed 76 cents, or 3.1%, to $25.44. The Europe 2001 HOLDRs (EKH) was tacking on $2.50, or 3%, to $85.45. The iShares MSCI United Kingdom Index (EWU) was adding 45 cents, or 1.8%, to $24.87. On the flip side, the United States Natural Gas (UNG) ETF was the biggest loser, as natural gas futures fell by 29 cents to $6.21 per million British thermal units. The ETF was falling by $1.80, or 4.3%, to $39.63. The Broadband HOLDRs (BDH) was down 1.9%, after holding Alcatel-Lucent (ALU) reported an unexpected quarterly loss that sent its stock down 10.5%. The ETF was shedding 19 cents to $15.63.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV