Top 10 High-Yield Dividend Stocks
Due to the recent severe market selloff, many investors are looking for stability with high-yield stocks that continue to raise dividends despite all of the concerns over the subprime mortgage crisis and the higher costs in the corporate lending markets.
The highest-yielding stock on Stockpickr's list of Top-Yielding Stocks With Raised Dividends is Reynolds American (RAI), which yields 5.5% and just increased its quarterly dividend by 13% to 85 cents a share. This cigarette manufacturer has suffered during the last couple of months due to concerns about higher tobacco taxes and more regulations, in addition to second-quarter earnings falling below Wall Street expectations.
The drop in the price of the stock has obviously increased the stock's yield. However, the stock has more positives than just a high yield. It offers a
Reynolds also makes the list of High-Yield Tobacco Stocks, a Stockpickr portfolio that lists the major tobacco companies that pay a dividend of more than 2%. Another company that shows up in this portfolio is Vector Group (VGR), which pays a yield of 7.4%. Vector has a highly favorable P/E/growth, or PEG, ratio of 1.8, and its latest quarterly earnings showed a 131% year-over-year increase. The company is also a favorite of Jim Cramer and Carl Icahn, who owns 20% of the company.Another stock included on the High-Yield Tobacco list is Altria Group (MO), which generates a yield of 4.1%. Altria has a P/E ratio of 12.7 and a PEG of 2.1.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV