BladeLogic Cuts Through in Debut
Shares of BladeLogic (BLOG), a maker of data-center-automation software, soared 50% on their first day of trading Wednesday.
The Lexington, Mass., company's initial public offering of 5 million shares priced at $17 a share -- much higher than the initial expectation of $12 to $14. The stock recently had jumped $8.35 to $25.35 on volume of more than 4 million shares.
BladeLogic sold 3.94 million of the shares, while the remainder was sold by selling stockholders.
Other IPOs Wednesday didn't fare as well. Monotype (TYPE), a Woburn, Mass., maker of text imaging systems, was adding just a penny to its IPO price to $12.01.Validus (VR), a Bermuda-based reinsurer, saw its shares rise to $22.42 from its offering price of $22. Rex Energy (REXX) was among the losers, falling 98 cents, or 8.9%, to $10.02 after debuting at $11. The State College, Pa., company is an oil and gas concern operating in the Illinois Basin, the Appalachian Basin and the Southwest.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV