Foreign Stocks Still a Value, Despite Recent Run
While a weak dollar may have squashed some overseas travel plans this summer, investors can still enjoy a European vacation by sticking with foreign stocks.
It should come as no surprise to market watchers that foreign stocks, boosted by a sinking greenback, have been shredding their American counterparts. The average foreign large-cap growth fund has returned almost 20% annually over the past five years, according to fund tracker Morningstar, compared with a yearly return of 14% for the S&P 500.
What may astonish investors, however, is the notion that international stocks are still relatively cheap, despite the huge run-up in share prices.
"Even after all this time, European stocks remain significantly undervalued," says Wendell Perkins, portfolio manager for the $115 million
JohnsonFamily International Value
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV