Top 10 Highest-Yielding Nasdaq Stocks
Many investors, when looking for income stocks, automatically go to the New York Stock Exchange. Although there are a lot of NYSE stocks with high yields, such as the oil income trusts, plenty of high-dividend-paying stocks can be found on the Nasdaq as well.
With that in mind, we have put together a portfolio of the top 10 Highest-Yielding Nasdaq Stocks on Stockpickr.com.
For example, MCG Capital (MCGC), an investment company that trades on the Nasdaq, yields 11% and pays its dividends quarterly. MCG invests in small- to medium-sized companies through acquisitions, financings and leveraged buyouts. The stock has a price-to-earnings ratio of 8.4 and a P/E-to-growth ratio of 1.18.
MCG was recently added to the portfolio of James Small-Cap (JASCX), a fund with a five-star Morningstar rating that specializes in small-cap companies. Its average annual return is 16.6% over the last three years.The James fund owns several other dividend-paying stocks, including two natural gas companies: Copano Energy (CPNO), which yields 3.8% and has a P/E of 22, and Southwest Gas (SWX), which offers a yield of 2.6%, a P/E of 15.1 and a PEG of 3.31. Another Nasdaq high-yielder is USA Mobility (USMO), a company that provides wireless communications services to the health care industry and to government agencies. The stock yields 10.6% and has a P/E of 18. Its latest quarterly earnings showed 6.2% growth.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV