These Wallets Look Like a Million Dollars
Wallets have been around since the 1600s, when paper currency began to replace the clunkier coin, rendering larger pouches or purses unnecessary.
Today they're produced in a myriad of styles, colors and materials, so it's easy to find one you'll enjoy almost as much as what's inside it.
If you're looking for a wallet that is a piece of art, check out Kelly Lyon's gemstone-embedded collection.
Lyons, 40, has a background in jewelry. She started designing belt buckles a year ago, but when she couldn't find the right straps to go on the buckles, she started searching for leather. "I said, this
Her blend of precious stone and leather makes for unique pieces: One Western-inspired standout ($400, pictured above) is made of black buffalo bull hide accented with red brindle cow hide, and features a hunk of turquoise. It has a place for credit cards and change and room for a checkbook.Lyons designs a number of custom pieces ($75 to $600), in leathers ranging from alligator and ostrich to crocodile. "I don't like to use run-of-the-mill materials," says Lyons. Even the hardware is hand-fabricated from precious metals, incorporating Lyon's experience as a master jeweler.
Traditional EleganceIf a traditional wallet is more your taste, accessory king Coach (COH) has plenty of offerings. The
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV