These Wallets Look Like a Million Dollars
Wallets have been around since the 1600s, when paper currency began to replace the clunkier coin, rendering larger pouches or purses unnecessary.
Today they're produced in a myriad of styles, colors and materials, so it's easy to find one you'll enjoy almost as much as what's inside it.
If you're looking for a wallet that is a piece of art, check out Kelly Lyon's gemstone-embedded collection.
Lyons, 40, has a background in jewelry. She started designing belt buckles a year ago, but when she couldn't find the right straps to go on the buckles, she started searching for leather. "I said, this [leather] would make a great handbag, which led to my designing wallets," Lyons explains.
Her blend of precious stone and leather makes for unique pieces: One Western-inspired standout ($400, pictured above) is made of black buffalo bull hide accented with red brindle cow hide, and features a hunk of turquoise. It has a place for credit cards and change and room for a checkbook.Lyons designs a number of custom pieces ($75 to $600), in leathers ranging from alligator and ostrich to crocodile. "I don't like to use run-of-the-mill materials," says Lyons. Even the hardware is hand-fabricated from precious metals, incorporating Lyon's experience as a master jeweler.
Traditional EleganceIf a traditional wallet is more your taste, accessory king Coach (COH) has plenty of offerings. The chelsea signature checkbook wallet ($230) features the classic Coach print on jacquard fabric with leather trim, and has ample room for bills, cards and checkbook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV