12 Ways to Stay Financially Motivated
9. Join financial communities. A wide variety of Web sites cater to those who are trying to get their finances in order. Spending time in the forums, reading articles and sharing your own financial issues will help you gain valuable information on attaining your goals. These communities will also be a great help to keep you motivated when you're having trouble or when you're faced with unexpected financial setbacks.
10. Be patient. You need to remember that everything is not going to change overnight, and that it's going to take a long time at a steady pace to reach your financial goals. Many people give up when they believe that the changes they want aren't happening quickly enough. If you realize that doing a little bit every day will ultimately help you reach your goals, you will not be discouraged and quit when things don't change rapidly.
11. Reward yourself. Take the time to reward yourself as you reach milestones on your way to your financial goals. Giving yourself rewards is important to help keep you motivated and can help get you through some of the harder times. Your reward can be anything that helps motivate you to reach the goal. For example, a night out for ice cream, a pizza dinner or a trip to the movies -- anything that your family enjoys doing together to reward everyone for helping to make progress toward your goals.
12. Be prepared for setbacks. Understand that no matter how good you are and how well you have planned out everything, there will be times when unexpected setbacks occur. By understanding that these setbacks will come about, you can make sure that you have in place support mechanisms that will help you overcome these obstacles and stay on track toward your goals.It is when these unexpected setbacks occur that being part of a financial community and writing your daily diary will really pay off. By understanding that these events will arise, you will be able to recognize them when they do and have a much better chance of not succumbing to the temptation to give up. By taking each of these steps into consideration, you increase the chances that you will have the focus to stay motivated and to reach all of your financial goals.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV