12 Ways to Stay Financially Motivated
7. Keep your goals visible. Whatever your financial goals may be, make sure to place them prominently someplace in your house where you are sure to see them more than once a day. Many times people write down their goals and then file them away, never to be seen again. When this happens, the goals are usually forgotten in a short period of time. Placing your goals in a prominent area of your house will help ensure that they don't slip your mind.
For example, you may want to place them on your refrigerator door, above your computer or on the backside of the door you use to exit your house. The more often you see them, the better chance you have of staying focused and motivated to reach your goals.
8. Chart your progress. Make sure that you take the time at least once a month to chart your progress toward your goals. If you are writing a daily journal, it should be easy to look over your entries and come up with a summary for the entire month. Charting your progress over a longer period will show you that the daily steps you take are adding up over time.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV