Foreign Entrepreneurs Finding the American Dream
Running a company in the U.S. is easy compared with running one in any country in Latin America, explains Silvina Moschini, 35, originally from Argentina and founder of
"In Argentina, there is too much paperwork that the local government requires," says Moschini.
Success did not come overnight. When she moved to the U.S., it was extremely hard to find a job in public relations, her area of expertise. Moschini had to work as a waitress for some time until she was hired to lead the Latin American Public Relations department of Compaq.
After Compaq was acquired by H-P (HPQ) in 2002, she moved to the head of public relations for Patagon.com, the Internet arm of Grupo Santander Central Hispano, one of the largest banks in the world, until she accepted an offer to become vice president of corporate communications for Visa International."My extensive work experience in major public companies allowed me to launch a successful PR agency when I felt ready to become an entrepreneur," says Moschini. The contacts she developed while working for Compaq and then Visa provided unparalleled references and referrals and helped her to land her first accounts. She founded Intuic in 2003, confident in her ability to run her own business, and quickly landed clients such as Cisco (CSCO) and Microsoft (MSFT).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV