Jim Cramer's Stop Trading! Buy Grant Prideco
If you want to speculate on a bottom in the hard-hit homebuilders, buy Pulte (PHM), Jim Cramer said Friday on CNBC's "Stop Trading!" segment.
Cramer said the speculation that billionaire Warren Buffett is looking at the sector isn't "nutty," but he said investors hoping to play a possible Buffett deal should buy Pulte, which has a national focus, rather than Hovnanian (HOV), which is more of a regional player and therefore less likely to be of interest to a big-picture guy like Buffett.
Cramer stressed that he isn't recommending any of the homebuilding stocks, nor would he short them. He said Friday's big rally in KB Home (KBH), Beazer (BZH), Lennar (LEN) and Centex (CTX) shows how hard it is to make a play in either direction on these stocks, whose fundamentals remain poor with house prices slipping and inventory rising.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV