Send Your 8-Year-Old to Business School
The programs have a real impact on students.
Mary Arnold of Japlin, Mo., has taught BizWorld to fifth-graders in an independent school for five years. "Each year when I teach BizWorld, I really see it open up an awareness of how economics play such an important role in our everyday lives. Before the classes, students only thought of economics as something they study in social studies, and not having anything to do with the food or the products they choose to buy," says Arnold.
The organization has even garnered the attention of American Express (AXP), which presented BizWorld with a $25,000 grant. Google (GOOG) has offered free advertising for the company, and Merrill Lynch (MER) is a sponsor as well.
Business-minded kids are not just limited to quiet suburban streets. New York City-based nonprofit organization
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV