Wednesday's ETF Winners & Losers
Real estate-related exchange-traded funds were among the worst decliners Wednesday, as subprime woes continued to swell.
On Wednesday, Standard & Poor's said it could cut its rating on $12 billion in securities backed by subprime residential loans, which raised concerns about the ongoing effects of the housing meltdown.
The iShares FTSE NAREIT Retail (RTL) ETF was losing $1.29, or 3%, to $42.21. The iShares FTSE NAREIT Real Estate 50 (FTY) ETF was down 60 cents, or 1.3%, to $44.79. The Ultra Real Estate ProShares (URE) was off 54 cents, or 1.1%, to $49.91.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV