Monday's Small-Cap Winners & Losers
Updated from 11:35 a.m. EDT
Topps (TOPP) was slightly lower after the company said its board has determined that Upper Deck's acquisition offer isn't in the best interest of stockholders.
As a result, the board unanimously recommended that holders reject the offer and not tender their shares. Topps was down 0.9% at $10.49.
PFSweb (PFSW) was higher following an upbeat forecast for the company's eCost.com unit for the quarter ended June 30. Revenue for eCost should be roughly $26 million, up from $21.6 million for the prior quarter. The stock gained 11.5% to 97 cents.Search engine Local.com (LOCM) shares traded actively after the site launched enhancements to its interactive geographic mapping capabilities, including a streamlined look and improved driving directions. Shares were up earlier in the day but closed down 6.3% at $11.15. Metalink (MTLK) was higher following word that the company will work with China's Hisense to offer affordable high-definition multimedia over wireless home networks. Hisense selected Metalink's 802.11n-compliant WLANPlus technology to enable the wireless transmission of multiple HDTV streams from a central location to any room in the house. Separately, Metalink said it will work with IGRS on an advanced HDTV decoder platform for wireless home networks. Shares of Metalink closed up 9.9% to $6.43. Comtech Group (COGO) signed a deal to provide customized module services to support a range of handsets to be rolled out by China Unicom (CHU), the second-largest wireless operator in China. Still, shares of Comtech closed down 2.5% at $16.51.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV