Stockpickr Lists: Hilton Reaches 52-Week High
Editor's Note: In this feature from Stockpickr, we highlight lists of stocks that have made new highs, lows or seen other unusual activity.
Biggest % Gainers: Local.com (LOCM) surged more than 45% after media company Hearst Communications reported a 22.4% stake in the search-engine operator, or about 2.7 million shares. The stake newly reflects warrants to purchase around 1.2 million shares, which weren't included in Hearst's April ownership filing because they had replaced old warrants for an identical amount of shares. In a March filing, which reflected the old warrants, Hearst reported 22% ownership in the company. Shares closed up $4.06 at $12.93.
Biggest % Losers: Dallas-based Penson Worldwide (PNSN) plunged 25% Thursday after the asset manager reported a weak quarter and as a result cut its full-year outlook. Even though the company announced a $25 million buyback plan, shares fell $6.25 to $19.11 in heavy trading.
Forum of the DayApple (AAPL) Q3 2007 estimates. whitemagic opens for discussion
Do You Know the Answer?Richard Allen asks, "I'm thinking of starting a tech position. What does everyone think ofLogitech (LOGI)"?
Feeling Lucky?And finally, try picking a random portfolio suited to do-it-yourselfers with more detailed analysis at I'm Feeling Lucky.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV