Sponsorship: Piggybacking Pays Off
"Both Grace Hill and SatisFacts are recognized leaders in their respective fields in a primary industry that we are trying to penetrate, so we knew that we could reach our desired market through the sponsorship," Houser explains.
Let Them Come to You
French Tuesdays, a weekly social networking event based in New York City, brings in $1.5 million a year thanks in part to champagne sponsor Laurent Perrier. The company came on board in September 2005, two years after the party's inception.
How did French Tuesdays founder Pierre Battu land such a prominent sponsor?
A sales employee of Laurent Perrier attended the parties on a regular basis and liked what he saw. He approached Battu and laid out the possibility for taking the event to a different level. "He eventually referred us to the head of sales for the East Coast, which got us in contact with the vice president [of Laurent Perrier] of the U.S.," says Battu.This sponsorship has enabled French Tuesdays to expand and enrich its events. "For us, it gives the possibility to produce a sophisticated party," says Battu. Another big-name sponsor, Air France (AKH), came on board in September 2006; high-end caviar provider Petrossian has followed. These sponsors provide over $500,000 annually to French Tuesdays, which helps fund superior entertainment. Next up, Air France is sponsoring a French Tuesdays world tour, to spread the concept to cities from Tokyo, Dubai and Paris to Prague and London. The airline will cover the travel expenses for featured French Tuesdays entertainers and staff.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV