Tuesday's ETF Winners & Losers
Traders expect that Dendreon will announce positive news on its prostate cancer drug, sending the stock up 68 cents to $7.91. The HealthShares Emerging Cancer ETF was recently adding 30 cents, or 1.4%, to $21.90.
The iShares Dow Jones U.S. Broker-Dealer (IAI) was also gaining ground, thanks to holdings Morgan Stanley (MS), Merrill Lynch (MER), Goldman Sachs (GS) and Bear Stearns (BSC), all of which were higher by 1% or more.
The Broker-Dealer ETF was recently up 66 cents, or 1.2%, to $55.93.Meanwhile, shares of Apple (AAPL) jumped more than 4%, powering the Internet Architecture HOLDRs (IAH) higher. Apple's new iPhone should deliver profit margins of 55% on the $600 eight gigabyte version, according to iSuppli. The ETF was rising by 49 cents, or 1%, to $48.18. On the other hand, bundled securities tracking silver and gold were among the worst performers. Silver futures fell by 4 cents to $12.64 an ounce. Gold futures was losing $4.20 to $655 an ounce The PowerShares DB Silver (DBS) was down 24 cents, or 1%, to $24.69. The iShares Silver Trust (SLV) was down 97 cents, or 0.8%, to $124.91. The PowerShares DB Gold (DGL) eased 20 cents, or 0.8%, to $25.80. The PowerShares DB Precious Metals (DBP) shed 17 cents, or 0.7%, to $25.54.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV