Monday's ETF Winners & Losers
The Ultra Basic Materials ProShares (UYM) was recently up $2.65, or 3%, to $91.70. The iShares S&P Global Materials (MXI) ETF was rising by $1.27, or 1.8%, to $72. The PowerShares Dynamic Basic Materials (PYZ) was adding 51 cents, or 1.5%, to $33.95. The iShares Dow Jones U.S. Basic Materials (IYM) was higher by $1.02, or 1.4%, to $71.24.
Bundled securities tracking utilities were also among the winners of the day. Among individual names, Exelon (EXC), Public Service Enterprise Group (PEG), PG&E (PCG) and American Electric Power (AEP) were higher by 1.3% or more.
The Ultra Utilities ProShares (UPW) was rising $2.14, or 2.7%, to $82. The Utility HOLDRs (UTH) was adding $2.06, or 1.5%, to $143.71. The Vanguard Utilities ETF (VPU) gained $1.10, or 1.3%, to $83.60.On the losing side, energy-related ETFs were among the biggest decliners. Oil was down 71 cents at $69.97 a barrel, and natural gas was losing 10 cents to $6.68 per million British thermal units. The United States Natural Gas (UNG) was falling by $1.45, or 3.5%, to $42.80. The United States Oil (USO) was down 34 cents, or 0.7%, to $52.66. The PowerShares DB Oil (DBO) ETF was lower by 14 cents, or 0.5%, to $26.96. The iShares Dow Jones U.S. Home Construction (ITB) was under pressure after Citigroup cut its rating to hold from buy for Toll Brothers (TOL), Pulte Homes (PHM), Lennar (LEN), Ryland Group (RYL), KB Home (KBH), DR Horton (DHI) and Hovnanian (HOV). The ETF was recently falling by 8 cents, or 0.5%, at $31.23.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV