Cramer Answers on Stockpickr
On Stockpickr Answers Monday and late yesterday, Jim Cramer responded to a new batch of questions posed by members of the Stockpickr community.
Anybody can ask, respond or comment at Stockpickr Answers; the top responders get ranked in our "Top Analysts" section.
Here are a few of the questions to which Cramer recently has responded:
- I've noticed your position in Caterpillar (CAT) is relatively small for your Action Alerts PLUS charitable trust and I assume that is because it ran up right when you first initiated your position.
I agree with not chasing it into the $80s, and now the stock is taking a breather with durable goods orders weighing and momentum investors taking profits. I plan to scale in if the stock continues to move down. Thoughts?
- With my 40% gain in Research In Motion (RIMM) I am able to pay off a lot of bills. Any comments on this stock?
- Ever since Coleman Cable (CCIX) was added to the Russell, the stock has been pushed down every day. I didn't notice any bad news about the company. Do you know what's going on?
- I wonder how the acquisitions of Meridian Gold (MDG) and Northern Orion Resources (NTO) by Yamana Gold (AUY) and the resultant share dilution as AUY issues more stock, apparently mostly to holders of the bought-out companies, will impact the stock price of AUY. Will these acquisitions cause AUY some short-term costs and result in a short-term price drop? Any expected bounce separate from the price of gold?
- Is it me or does UnitedHealth Group (UNH) look dirt cheap? I bought it in December and it had a nice run for a month but hasn't done much since. This company has $5 billion in net cash and trades at 17 times earnings and less than 8 times enterprise value/EBITDA. Lots of smart guys like Bill Miller, Glenn Greenberg and Warren Buffett own it around my basis. What is going on here?
- I would like to know if Yum! Brands (YUM) had a 2-for-1 split. If so, when will the investors get the extra shares of YUM?
- Lundin Mining (LMC):
What's up with the stock? I'm working in Iraq and do not have the pleasure of your show!
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV