On Stockpickr Answers Monday and late yesterday, Jim Cramer responded to a new batch of questions posed by members of the Stockpickr community.
Anybody can ask, respond or comment at Stockpickr Answers; the top responders get ranked in our "Top Analysts" section.
Here are a few of the questions to which Cramer recently has responded:
- I've noticed your position in Caterpillar
(CAT - Get Report) is relatively small for your Action Alerts PLUS charitable trust and I assume that is because it ran up right when you first initiated your position.
I agree with not chasing it into the $80s, and now the stock is taking a breather with durable goods orders weighing and momentum investors taking profits. I plan to scale in if the stock continues to move down. Thoughts?
- With my 40% gain in Research In Motion (RIMM) I am able to pay off a lot of bills. Any comments on this stock?
- Ever since Coleman Cable (CCIX) was added to the Russell, the stock has been pushed down every day. I didn't notice any bad news about the company. Do you know what's going on?
- I wonder how the acquisitions of Meridian Gold (MDG) and Northern Orion Resources (NTO) by Yamana Gold (AUY - Get Report) and the resultant share dilution as AUY issues more stock, apparently mostly to holders of the bought-out companies, will impact the stock price of AUY. Will these acquisitions cause AUY some short-term costs and result in a short-term price drop? Any expected bounce separate from the price of gold?
- Is it me or does UnitedHealth Group (UNH - Get Report) look dirt cheap? I bought it in December and it had a nice run for a month but hasn't done much since. This company has $5 billion in net cash and trades at 17 times earnings and less than 8 times enterprise value/EBITDA. Lots of smart guys like Bill Miller, Glenn Greenberg and Warren Buffett own it around my basis. What is going on here?
- I would like to know if Yum! Brands (YUM - Get Report) had a 2-for-1 split. If so, when will the investors get the extra shares of YUM?
- Lundin Mining
What's up with the stock? I'm working in Iraq and do not have the pleasure of your show!