Friday's Health Winners & Losers
Cytokinetics (CYTK) said that according to results of three recent two-stage phase II trials sponsored by GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), its cancer drug ispinesib didn't satisfy criteria to move to the next stage.
However, the Cytokinetics said ispinesib did meet response criteria in a fourth trial as a breast cancer treatment, and the company plans to initiate a GlaxoSmithKline sponsored phase I/II clinical trial in first-line treatment of patients with locally advanced or metastatic breast cancer before the end of the year.
Cytokinetics lost 63 cents, or 10%, to $5.65. GlaxoSmithKline dropped 8 cents or 0.2%, to $52.37.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV