Friday's Health Winners & Losers
CryoCor (CRYO) celebrated another gain, while it was overall a flat-to-down biotech day.
After a rally yesterday tied to a pre-market approval, CryoCor took to gaining again on Friday after announcing a deal with Boston Scientific (BSX). The companies will co-develop a console to deliver cryo energy, which uses extreme cold, to Boston Scientific's cryo balloon catheter to treat atrial fibrillation. CryoCor will develop and potentially manufacture the consoles, which will be used with Boston Scientific's internally developed catheter balloons, according to the companies.
Boston Scientific will make payments tied to development milestones, and also sale-based royalties, in addition to purchasing 2.5 million of CryoCor's stock. It will also purchase another $2.5 million tied to development milestones.
CryoCor climbed 84 cents, or 17.5% to $5.65, after rising more than 20% earlier in the day, while Boston Scientific tiptoed in the red 16 cents, or 1%, to $15.34.Ziopharm (ZIOP) presented gene-profiling data and interim phase II trial data for advanced myeloma treatment darinaparsin throughout the week at the Annual Myeloma Workshop in Greece. The company was up 40 cents, or 8.4%, to $5.15. On the flipside, Antares Pharma (AIS) bled 15 cents, or 8.6%, to $1.60 on Friday after announcing that it will privately place $15 million in newly issued common stock and warrants for additional shares with institutional and other investors. The company said the financing is expected to close after it gets Amex approval.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV