Equip Your Financial Emergency Kit
Emergencies happen. When they do, having your financial papers in order can save you money, time and anxiety in an already stressful situation.
The first step is to gather all your financial information and place it in a convenient, safe, easily accessible place in your home. If you have to leave in a hurry, you want to know exactly where the information is so you can grab it on the run. You will also want to make a back-up copy of everything to keep outside your home, in a safe deposit box or other safe location, in case everything inside your home gets destroyed.
Here are the things you need:
Identification: You should gather all of your own and your family's identification papers. This includes Social Security cards, birth certificates and passports for each member of the household, as well as your marriage certificate. In addition, you should have a photo of each person taken within the past year in the event that the family becomes separated and identification photos are needed.If you usually carry identification with you such as your driver's license, make a copy of it and place it with the other material. Having all your identifying material available after an emergency will make proving who you are much easier -- which means that getting any aid available will take less time and be much less of a chore.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV