Google's Still Buyable
What the heck is Google (GOOG) doing selling at 1 times its growth rate?
What is a company that is successfully integrating Doubleclick to rout its ad enemies, a company that is now going up against a totally challenged Yahoo! (YHOO), a company that has a division that is growing 7% organically per week (YouTube) and a company that has the best balance sheet in the world doing selling at 1 times growth?
I swear, if we just used the old rule of 10, where you divide the price of some high-dollar shares by 10 to make the valuation process less daunting, no one would think twice if this $53 stock went to $60.
I named the four horsemen of tech a month ago, RAGA -- Research In Motion (RIMM), Amazon (AMZN), Google and Apple (AAPL) -- and each has astounding growth vs. its multiple, with the possible exception of Amazon, which is also a play on a ridiculously large short position.I like all of these, although obviously Apple will be tricky to trade -- up, then down, then up -- after the iPhone's debut. But it is absurd that the cheapest of these stocks is the best and fastest-growing: Google! It is breaking free of the earth's atmosphere right now, and it is becoming a great mark-up candidate for end of the quarter momentum funds. It should be purchased now. Random musings: Subprime alert -- the people determined to freak you out will work at it all week. Get immunized. Read the series!
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV