Conexant Taps New Chief Executive
Conexant (CNXT) has tapped a veteran semiconductor industry executive to lead the struggling company to profitability.
The Newport Beach, Calif.-based maker of communications chips announced Monday that Daniel Artusi will join the company as CEO, replacing Dwight Decker, who announced his intention to retire in March.
But he will have his hands full at Conexant.In recent months, the company has been hamstrung by weak growth, customer delays and inventory issues. In April, the company announced a $133.4 million net loss for its second quarter and said that sales of $199 million were down 17.6% year over year. Conexant makes chips for television set-top boxes, wireless networking and DSL modems, among other things. "Conexant has a rich and storied history, and the company continues to address some of our industry's most exciting, highest-growth opportunities with an outstanding portfolio of communications products and technologies," Artusi said in a statement. "We face near-term challenges, but I am confident that we possess the talent and market positions required to build significant shareholder value." Shares of Conextant were unchanged at $1.47 in midday trading Monday. The company's shares are down roughly 63% since hitting a peak of $3.90 in April 2006.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV