iPhone's $200 Million Jackpot
An AT&T representative declined to offer any numbers, other than to say the company is adding 2,000 temporary workers to help out. The representative added that each store will have "a healthy supply" of iPhones.
So with 1,962 stores and let's say 200 phones per store, Apple stands to sell some 392,000 iPhones, I can now reveal. With each phone selling for an average price of $550, Apple stands to take in $216 million in revenue on the evening of June 29. And that's not including online sales.
To put that in perspective, Wall Street analysts expect Apple to post third-quarter revenue of $5.28 billion -- which works out to around $59 million a day. So the iPhone alone could do more than triple the revenue the company typically brings in in a given day.
Some analysts have calculated that given the iPhone's
|Want more? Check out TheStreet.com TV video. Scott Moritz discusses Apple's big day, and what to expect.|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV