Thursday's Small-Cap Winners & Losers
Cantor Fitzgerald, meanwhile, predicted moderately higher demand for Manhattan, a supply-chain software company, and upped the stock to hold from sell. Shares climbed 5.2% to $27.92.
On the downswing, however, was Esco Technologies (ESE), which makes filtration products, among other things. Shares tanked 21.9% after the company said its fiscal 2008 outlook might get deflated due to a potential "further delay" or a modification in its supply contract with Pacific Gas & Electric, as PG&E must now conduct a technology review for California regulators. Shares were recently changing hands at $36.
Gold-and-silver miner Exeter Resource (XRA) slid 21.3% on news one of its Argentinian projects, Don Sixto, was put on hold after a local law was passed "prohibiting the use of chemicals typically used in the extraction of gold and other metals." Shares of the Canada-based company were off 80 cents to $2.95.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV