Wednesday's ETF Winners & Losers
Exchange-traded funds tracking the retail sector were among the best performers of Wednesday's session, courtesy of a jump in Home Depot (HD).
The home improvement retailer added nearly 7% after extending its stock buyback plan by $22.5 billion. Elsewhere, the world's largest retailer, Wal-Mart (WMT), said it will open 1,000 MoneyCenters, which will offer low-cost check cashing, money orders, bill payment and money transfers, in its stores by the end of next year.
The Retail HOLDRs (RTH) was adding $1.59, or 1.5%, to $106.63. The Consumer Staples Select Sector SPDR (XLP) tacked on 15 cents, or 0.6%, to $27.30. The PowerShares Dynamic Retail (PMR) was higher by 10 cents, or 0.5%, to $20.09.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV