Top 10 High-Yield Big-Cap Growth Picks
Nobody wants volatility. But everyone wants capital appreciation, and if there's cash thrown in, all the better.
Large-cap and growth have been two ugly beasts over the past five years. But people need stability right now -- hence large-cap -- and growth has gotten so cheap that all the indices that track growth stocks have lower price-to-earnings ratios than the value indices. That's why I feel strongly that the winds are changing toward growth and large-cap.
However, let's play it safe and find the large-cap growth stocks that are most likely to succeed and then cement the deal with a nice steady dividend check every quarter. That way, if the market ever slips, it won't bring our friends with it. On Stockpickr, we've set up a portfolio of the Highest-Yielding Large-Cap Growth Stocks.
First on the list is Telefonica of Argentina (TAR), a Buenos Aires-based company that provides both business and residential telecommunications services throughout Argentina. The stock has an extremely high P/E ratio of 247; however, it yields 10% based on its latest annual dividend. Telefonica of Argentina has been paying dividends for 12 years. This is one of the stocks on the Stockpickr list of high-yield Argentina Stocks.Telecom Italia (TI.A) is another telecommunications company, this one based in Rome but with operations in both Europe and South America. Its P/E is a reasonable 10.7, and its P/E-to-growth ratio is 3.6. The stock carries an annual dividend rate of 7.4%. To watch Gregg Greenberg's video take of this column, click here.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV