Your Travel Kit for Business Presentations
Chances are that sometimes you'll be called upon to make a business presentation while traveling nearby, if not internationally.
It could be at a remote client site, a branch office or an investor pitch in another city. But nothing kills the concentration required by the audience like you fumbling around with nonfunctioning or unfamiliar equipment.
So here are the most important tools and tips you'll need for an effective presentation, one that keeps your clients focused on the content.
Practice, Practice, Practice
Be sure to test your presentation well before you leave the office, and run through it again the night before.Familiarity with all of the elements -- from how all the parts go together, setting the screen resolution and adjusting volume and audio levels -- is very important. And going through it all in advance will alert you to any parts that may have been damaged during your trip. The rehearsal will also help your verbal presentation. Ad-libbing is permissible if you're experienced, but being very familiar with the points you're trying to make will help keep you smooth and on-message, especially if the audience has unexpected questions.
Laptop EssentialsI know you're not going to forget to take your laptop, but there's a couple of tips to keep in mind. Laptop theft is a steadily increasing crime, so be sure to keep it with you at all times, or secured in your hotel-room safe. A former FBI agent was on a panel I was conducting on high-tech crime, and his laptop was stolen just before our talk -- it can happen to anyone. Take along an extra charged battery, and make sure your AC power charger is actually working before you leave the office. To view Russell Vines' video take of today's segment, click here.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV