Stock Upgrades, Downgrades From TheStreet.com Ratings
Medical products manufacturer Inverness (IMA) has been upgraded to a buy from a hold. The company makes pregnancy and fertility tests, among other products.
The company's revenue grew by 24.4% in the first quarter of fiscal 2007 compared with the year-earlier period, outpacing the industry average of 10.7%. Inverness was also profitable in the most recent quarter, earnings 14 cents per share after losing 9 cents per share in the first quarter of 2006. Debt levels are low and the company seems to be in a largely solid financial position.
These positives seems to have pushed the stock price higher; shares are up 69.4% in the past 12 months. IMA had been rated a hold since May 2007.
Radiation Therapy Services (RTSX) has been downgraded to a hold from a buy. The company owns and operates radiation treatment centers. TheStreet.com Ratings feels the company has not been very careful in the management of its balance sheet. RTSX has a debt-to-equity ratio of 1.5, which is relatively high when compared with the industry average. The company had been rated a buy since December 2006.Redwood Trust (RWT) has been downgraded to a sell from a hold. The company invests in residential and commercial real estate loans and in securities backed by real estate loans. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income, weak operating cash flow and disappointing return on equity. Redwood Trust's 12.9 debt-to-equity ratio is higher than the industry average. RWT had been rated a hold since June 2005. Some recent rating changes are highlighted below.
|TheStreet.com Ratings Stock Upgrades, Downgrades|
|Company Name||Ticker||Change||New Rating||Former Rating|
|Golden Star Resources||GSS||Downgrade||Hold||Buy|
|Bank of the Carolinas||BCAR||Downgrade||Hold||Buy|
|Source: TheStreet.com Ratings|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV