Cheapest U.S.-Traded Israeli Stocks
And I'm not the only one to think Check Point is cheap. It makes its way onto Stockerblog's list of cheap security software stocks and is also on the portfolio of Citigroup's Buyout Candidates, a list of companies the bank's research team believes would be attractive takeovers.
Generic pharmaceutical maker Teva Pharmaceutical (TEVA) is also on the list with a P/E of just 9. Teva on Monday won a case against Novartis (NVS), which was trying to prevent Teva from selling a generic version of Lotrel, a blood pressure drug.
Syneron Medical (ELOS) is a company squarely situated in one of the best demographic trends to hit the investment world: Their RFID treatments are used for wrinkle removal, hair removal and varicose vein treatment. The company has a forward P/E of just 13 and an excellent balance sheet with $125 million in cash and zero debt.
Super investor Seth Klarman, author of the book Margin of Safety (which sells on Amazon for over $800), owns shares of Syneron. For Klarman's full portfolio, check out the Seth Klarman portfolio at Stockpickr.Other interesting Israel picks include: Magal Security Systems (MAGS), which also appears in the Homeland Security portfolio. Answers (ANSW), which recently appeared on Barron's list of Internet content players that might be possible takeover candidates. Answers also has been mentioned by Mark Cuban as one of his holdings. For the full list of cheap or interesting Israel picks check out The First Israel Fund and the portfolio of cheapest members of the Nasdaq Israel Index.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV