12 Ways to Save Money on Books
2. Read Online
You can read many books online for free. Project Gutenberg has thousands of public-domain books that that are free to download and read. You can also check out Google Books to see the full text of books they have already scanned into their system.
For those who enjoy audio books, you can go to LibriVox, which offers free audio book downloads.
3. Become a Book ReviewerMost people never consider this option, but if you enjoy a particular genre of books, you can get the latest releases for free if you become a book reviewer. The easiest way is to write a review for your local newspaper (offer to write one for free, and your offer will almost always be accepted), but if you blog about a certain subject, you can often get review copies of related books simply by asking. Contact the publisher and ask for a review copy of the book for the blog or newspaper that you write for. 4. Read What You Already Have Chances are that you have a number of books on your bookshelves that you have never read for one reason or another. Take a look and read those that you have been meaning to read before purchasing new books. 5. Share If you have family, friends, co-workers or members of social networks who have similar reading tastes as yourself, you can start a book exchange. You lend your books and borrow books from others, and everyone gets new reading material without having to buy it.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV