This Week's Barron's Roundup
Editor's note: Welcome to Stockpickr's "Barron's Roundup." Each weekend, James Altucher presents Stockpickr portfolios related to articles in the latest issue of Barron's.
Barron's Insider Purchases: This week's insider purchases. We provide a little more color by detailing who it is that's doing the buying. This week's portfolio of 15 companies with insider purchases includes Sun Microsystems (SUNW).
Barron's Research Reports: Every week Barron's publishes research reports on various small-cap and mid-cap companies. We provide a portfolio of those stocks with synopses of the reports. This week's list includes reports on Portfolio Recovery Associates (PRAA) and Flextronics (FLEX).
Bullish and Bearish: The stocks profiled in individual stories in this week's Barron's. Among the stocks featured, Barron's was bullish on Limited Brands (LTD).
Barron's Activist Situations: Each week Barron's picks out the most interesting situations in which activist investors are clamoring for change. This week's list includes some possible activity on Reuters Group (RTRSY) and some definite rattling at Building Materials (BLG).
Speaking of Dividends: Which companies this week are boosting their dividends? This week's article includes an interesting one-time payment from Books-A-Million (BAMM).
Barron's Mispriced Growth: Michael Santoli identifies the companies for which the market is not giving enough credit for their growth. He believes these names are cheap and ready to pop.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV