Indevus Posts Positive Nebido Results
Indevus Pharmaceuticals (IDEV) on Friday reported positive results for a late-stage trial of Nebido as a treatment of male hypogonadism.
The Lexington, Mass., biopharmaceutical company said the results from the phase III trial for the injectable testosterone therapy met all of its primary endpoints, which were related to hormone concentrations throughout dosing, and that the drug was well-tolerated.
The company, which bought the U.S. rights to Nebido from Bayer Schering Pharma AG in 2005, conducted the trial specifically to evaluate the once-every-three-month treatment under Food and Drug Administration guidelines for the approval of testosterone therapy products for the condition.
Indevus was down 3 cents, or 0.4%, to $7.29 in recent trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV