Put a Little LUV in Your Portfolio
I've got to admit I was more than a little surprised to see Southwest Airlines (LUV) hit a new 52-week low in early May, especially as the markets in general headed for higher altitude. Heck, every Southwest flight I boarded in April was packed to the gills.
So I decided to look at the numbers, and yes, Southwest is at the low end of a six-year trading range despite healthy financials all along the way.
If I've ever known an example of an excellent performer in a ho-hum industry, it is Southwest. And that's the sort of excellence The Millionaire Zone investors look for.
Indeed, three analyst downgrades to neutral have followed a steady string of upgrades. There are doubts about whether the company can meet aggressive 15% earnings growth targets for the year, amid fears of soaring fuel prices and a consumer slump.But has Southwest become oversold as investors climb on the analyst bandwagon? Company management believes so -- it just announced a $500 million buyback. In true value-investing form, let's fasten our seat belts, put our tray tables in an upright and locked position and take a closer look. Click here for the video version of this story from Jennifer Openshaw.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV