Put a Little LUV in Your Portfolio
I've got to admit I was more than a little surprised to see Southwest Airlines (LUV) hit a new 52-week low in early May, especially as the markets in general headed for higher altitude. Heck, every Southwest flight I boarded in April was packed to the gills.
So I decided to look at the numbers, and yes, Southwest is at the low end of a six-year trading range despite healthy financials all along the way.
If I've ever known an example of an excellent performer in a ho-hum industry, it is Southwest. And that's the sort of excellence The Millionaire Zone investors look for.
Indeed, three analyst downgrades to neutral have followed a steady string of upgrades. There are doubts about whether the company can meet aggressive 15% earnings growth targets for the year, amid fears of soaring fuel prices and a consumer slump.But has Southwest become oversold as investors climb on the analyst bandwagon? Company management believes so -- it just announced a $500 million buyback. In true value-investing form, let's fasten our seat belts, put our tray tables in an upright and locked position and take a closer look. Click here for the video version of this story from Jennifer Openshaw.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV