Forget China, Bonds Spook Stocks
"I'm not saying 'run to the hills,' but sell at the sound of trumpets -- I'm hearing a lot of trumpets," Cody Willard of CL Willard Capital tells Aaron Task on Tuesday's "The Real Story" podcast. "Take something off the table. This may be as good as it gets."
Willard, a longtime contributor to TheStreet.com, says he recently sold shares of Cisco (CSCO) after its big run -- and heavy insider selling, Task notes -- as well as buying puts on Apple (AAPL) to protect big gains in that stock.
This rally is coming as evidence mounts the economy is recovering -- Tuesday's stronger-than-expected ISM Services report being the latest -- and the Federal Reserve is not going to cut rates anytime soon.That combination has weighed on Treasury prices, sending yields to their highest levels since August 2006. Rising yields do present competition for stocks -- especially dividend payers like Altria (MO), Apartment Investment & Management (AIV) and Exelon (EXC) -- but yields are not yet high enough to truly threaten the bull market, Task says. In the remainder of the podcast, Task discusses the day's corporate news, including:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV